1 Who are we?
We are IKO Sales International NV. We have our registered office at Ham and our principal place of business at Truibroek 74, 3945 Ham, Belgium. We are registered with the Chamber of Commerce Hasselt under company number 46.369.
In the context of our activities, we collect, hold, disclose and/or otherwise process personal data. Pursuant to applicable data protection and privacy legislation, we qualify as the controller with respect to the personal data that we process.
2 We know your privacy is important to you
We value your right to privacy and strive to protect your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection legislation and more specifically with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and its national implementing legislation.
Note: this does not constitute your ‘consent’ to the processing of your personal data. We do not process your personal data on the basis of your consent, unless specifically indicated.
3 Whose personal data do we collect?
In the context of our services, we may collect personal data relating to our customers or visitors of our website.
4 How do we collect personal data relating to you?
We may collect information about you in various ways:
- directly from you, for example in a sales conversation;
- directly from you when you visit our website www.iko.be, which may include information you provide to us by means of contact forms on that website or subscription to our newsletter;
- from third parties, for example personal data relating to the data subject(s) are collected via cookies or third party cookies;
- otherwise, for example, when you visit our website www.iko.be by means of cookies.
5 What personal data do we collect and for what purposes do we use your personal data?
We collect the following information about you and we use it for the following purposes:
- customer administration
- supplier administration
- administration and management of personnel and intermediaries
- to deliver the services of products you ordered
- for administrating payment of invoices and to collect debts
- for marketing purposes
- your identification and contact information (name, address, telephone number, email address or other contact details)
- electronic localisation information
- to improve our services and the quality thereof
- your IP address and surfing behavior
- to protect our assets, business and personnel
- in the context of a possible business transaction
- to handle disputes and ensure our legal position herein
- to comply with legal obligations
- for making decisions about selecting you as a vendor
- for profiling
- We can also consult identification and contact information via external databases which we purchase and combine this information with the data we have collected from you, in order to obtain more complete or accurate information.
For the processing of your personal data, as listed above, for the purpose of the goals, as listed above, we rely upon your consent. We note that you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You may do so by sending us a request mail to email@example.com.
6 With whom do we share your personal data?
In the context of the purposes as listed above, we may share your personal data with third parties, such as service providers we use (e.g. IT service providers or marketing agencies). Your personal data can also be disclosed to our affiliated companies.
We will ensure that, where relevant, contractual safeguards are implemented to ensure the protection of your personal data when disclosing your personal data to a third party. For example, we will enter into data processing agreements with relevant parties (providing for restrictions on the use of your personal data and obligations with respect to the protection and security of your personal data).
Your personal data and/or person profiles shall not be rented, nor sold to third parties without your prior explicit consent.
7 How long do we store your personal data?
Your personal data will not be stored for longer than is necessary in relation to the purposes for which we process them (we refer to the purposes as listed above in paragraph 5). Only where we are legally obliged to, or where this is necessary for defending our interests in the context of judicial proceedings (e.g. in case of a dispute), we will store the personal data for longer periods.
More specifically, the following storage periods apply:
8 How do we protect your personal data?
We will implement the necessary administrative, technical and organisational measures for ensuring a level of security appropriate to the specific risks that we have identified. We protect your personal data against destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of or access to personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed. More specifically, we have taken the following measures: SSL for data transport.
Further, we seek to ensure that we keep your personal data accurate and up to date. In view thereof, we kindly request you to inform us of any changes to your personal data (such as a change in your contact details).
9 What are your rights and how you can exercise them?
You have the right to:
- information about and access to your personal data;
- rectify your personal data;
- erasure of your personal data (‘right to be forgotten’);
- restriction of processing of your personal data;
- object to the processing of your personal data;
- receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and to (have) transmit(ted) your personal data to another organization.
To read more about these rights, and circumstances under which you can use these rights, in particular your right to object, please click here: link
Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with local Data Protection Authority relating to the processing of your personal data by us.
We use certain cookies and social media plug-ins on our website / web application. Some of them are essential to make our website / web application work, others serve to provide you a better, faster and safer user experience.
Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored on your computer or mobile device via your browser. On our website / web application, we use the following cookies:
|Type of cookie
|Purpose of the cookie
|Name of the cookie
|Necessary (technical cookies)
|This cookie is indispensable for the functioning of our website / web application and allows you to use certain parts of it. For instance, it allows you to navigate between the different parts of the website / web application, to fill in forms, etc. If you refuse these cookies, certain parts of the website / web application will not work, or will not work optimally.
|Preferences (Functional cookies)
|This cookie makes it easier for our website / web application to work, makes it more pleasant for visitors, and ensures that you have a more personalized browsing experience. For example, these cookies can remember your language preferences.
|Statistics (Performance cookies) 
|This cookie obtains information about visitor’s use of our website / web application. They help us understand how visitors interact with our website / web application, why certain error messages appear and enables us to try out new functions. We use this information to improve the user experience of our website / web application.
|Marketing (Targeting / advertisement cookies)
|Our website / web application / mobile application / marketing emails use targeting cookies in order to track statistics of visitors and to send you personalised messages, advertisements and promotions.
11 How can you manage / delete these cookies?
All major internet browsers offer the option to manage the cookies that were installed on your computer or mobile device.
In case you do not wish that this website / web application places cookies on your computer / mobile device, you may limit or delete these easily by adjusting you mobile or browser settings. In addition, you can set you mobile or browser settings in such a way that you get a notification every time you receive a cookie on your computer or mobile device, so that you can decide whether you wish to accept this cookie or not.
Please note that when you disable certain cookies of which we are making use, the possibility exists that certain parts of our website / web application will no longer function properly and you will no longer enjoy an optimal user experience.