Dane o produkcie
IKO The Shingles Expert offers different underlayments:
bitumen saturated felt used beneath roofing to provide additional (water) protection for your roof deck.
On all pitches, IKO recommends that an underlayment must be used underneath the roof shingles.
The requirements of a suitable underlayment for a shingle roof are:
- To protect the wood construction against bad weather conditions before and during the application of roof shingles.
- To provide a secondary protection shield against the ingress of water, for example, rainwater rising through capillary attraction, wind-driven rain and melting ice trapped by ice damming.
- To provide protection in case of storm damage.
- To reduce ‘picture-framing’, that is, the visible outline of deck panels caused by differences in roof decking thickness.
- To be part of a shingle roof system that meets the local fire protection ratings.
Are you wondering which IKO underlayment will suit your roof best?
Order your sample(s) here so you can compare for yourself!